Install without composer on windows
This guide explains how to setup application on your machine without composer.
You first need to download application, if you already have downloaded application skip this step.
- Go to home page
- Download application
XAMPP is the most popular PHP development environment which comes with Apache, PHP & MySQL.
Once downloaded install it in your machine.
We recommend installing it in drive other than C. For this tutorial we will consider that you have installed it in D drive.
Download xampp from here
- Extract downloaded application
- Copy and past it in _D:\xampp\htdocs_.
Create your site
- Go to D:\xampp\apache\conf\extra
- Open file httpd-vhosts.conf.
- Add below code at end of file
<VirtualHost > DocumentRoot "D:\xampp\htdocs\nishchay\public" ServerName app.nishchay.local <Directory "D:\xampp\htdocs\nishchay\public"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> </VirtualHost>
Add host entry
- Open C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts with administritive access so that you edit and save changes.
- Add below line at end of file.
Restart apache server
- Open xampp control panel(It might at right bottom of your screen in toolbar section).
- Stop and restart apache server.
Check if it's working now
- Open browser
- Visit http://app.nishchay.local
- You should see application welcome page.
Notes are visible to you only and its for your use only. Its good to note a point of what you read.