Install using composer on windows
This guide explains how to setup application on your machine using composer.
XAMPP is the most popular PHP development environment which comes with Apache, PHP & MySQL.
Once downloaded install it in your machine.
We recommend installing it in drive other than C. For this tutorial we will consider that you have installed it in D drive.
Download xampp from here
Download composer from here and install it.
- Open command prompt
- Go to _D:\xampp\htdocs_. by typing
- Execute below command and wait for installation
composer create-project nishchay/nishchay nishchayApp
Create your site
- Go to D:\xampp\apache\conf\extra
- Open file httpd-vhosts.conf.
- Add below code at end of file
<VirtualHost > DocumentRoot "D:\xampp\htdocs\nishchayApp\public" ServerName app.nishchay.local <Directory "D:\xampp\htdocs\nishchayApp\public"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> </VirtualHost>
Add host entry
- Open C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts with administritive access so that you edit and save changes.
- Add below line at end of file.
Restart apache server
- Open xampp control panel(It might at right bottom of your screen in toolbar section).
- Stop and restart apache server.
Check if it's working now
- Open browser
- Visit http://app.nishchay.local
- You should see application welcome page.
Notes are visible to you only and its for your use only. Its good to note a point of what you read.